Thread: Cohasset, MA in Banning E-cigs for Kids Protection

Cohasset, MA in Banning E-cigs for Kids Protection

The Board of Health in Cohasset, a town in Norfolk County, Massachusetts, would like to outlaw the use of e-cigarettes in public places to protect the younger generation in the area from being exposed to things like smoking and things that look like smoking devices (e-cigarettes) as that would lead children to smoking.

"From my perspective, using (e-cigarettes) models a child to a smoking behavior that can be easily turned into the real dea. I may be out on the fringe, but my responsibility is to look out for the health of the citizens in the town where I live." --- Lawrence, one of the Board of Health members
    My personal opinion for this, yes they have a point somehow. But proper education to children or to the whole community regardless of age, would enlighten everyone that e-cigarette is actually a helpful tool that combats the use of smoking which is way hazardous to health than vaping non-tobacco devices. Inform people that using e-cigarettes is different from smoking and it is actually an AID, a HELP, an ANTI-SMOKING tool, for smokers to cut off those cigarillos. It is actually better to see people trying to quit smoking than just be blinded about the alternatives that could help every smoker stop using the traditional cigarettes.

Just my thoughts. What do you think about this probable ban of e-cigarettes in town?

Well put, memo.maker!

Here is an update on the Cohasset proposed e-cig ban: Cohasset stores with pharmacies can still sell cigarettes - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

Cohasset voters decided to vote down the proposed e-cig ban! Though Patriot Ledger reported that the health inspector said the health board "has the power to impose certain health policies, regardless of what is decided at town meeting."

This is great news!

Quote Originally Posted by eciglover View Post
    Well put, memo.maker!

Here is an update on the Cohasset proposed e-cig ban: Cohasset stores with pharmacies can still sell cigarettes - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

Cohasset voters decided to vote down the proposed e-cig ban! Though Patriot Ledger reported that the health inspector said the health board "has the power to impose certain health policies, regardless of what is decided at town meeting."