Thread: My new vv mod

My new vv mod

I know, it ain't very fancy, but it vapes really good!!

Hi, made this for a lodge brother, by special request. I did not take pictures as I built it, though I thought you may find it interesting ...

It is based on Donptal's "Poorvari" and provides up to 3 amps at a range of about 1.2v to 6v or more. It uses 2-14500 batteries. It will support any 510 atty or carto, tested it with my G3 tank, YUMMY!!It also includes a 3A Goodprophets horn button, LM350T VV regulator, 1K multi-turn trim pot and an LED.

Here it is from the front:

Note the horn button, LED, master switch, and voltage adjustment screw on front.

Inside view .. note that most components potted with hot glue to prevent components from shifting around and shorting or breaking a wire. The VV reg was NOT potted, it needs to dissipate heat.:

Hot!! (notice LED on)

Let's try it out...

Well, there ya go! A compact vaping monster!! I would suggest you stay away from a LR carto with this monster, I burned out a 2.4 ohm carto in testing this mod. It has plenty of vrooooom to push a HV atty or carto (which, I believe, is 3.2 ohms or more).

I will do another as a "hot to" thread when I have the time.

Alan
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
    Visit my new site at http://www.asniderproducts.com

Nice job Alan it's great that you are building mods for others.By the did you find a winner for the gecko?

Quote Originally Posted by boomer2506 View Post
    Nice job Alan it's great that you are building mods for others.By the did you find a winner for the gecko?
    Gecko .. poor thing, killed by the postal service Check on ECF, I replaced the Gecko with The Illuminati and a godzillamizer, I hear it's vaping like a SOG. All's well now.

Building mods for others, yes on a limited basis. All builds are being given as gifts to friends and family, guess I am becoming a vaping missionary, spreading the word LOL
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Alan, nice job!

Looks great! How did you wire it?

Quote Originally Posted by fsors View Post
    Looks great! How did you wire it?
    Used Donptal's Poorvari diagram

very cool! Thanks for how to! Do you wire the resister to the neg of the led?

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by fsors View Post
    very cool! Thanks for how to! Do you wire the resister to the neg of the led?

Thank you very much!
    I do, though it can go on either leg, it's just to limit current thru the led. Incidently, the VR is 1k if I recall, will need to check on that

Quote Originally Posted by asnider123 View Post
    I do, though it can go on either leg, it's just to limit current thru the led. Incidently, the VR is 1k if I recall, will need to check on that
    Thanks that is much appreciated!

Every time I try to use the 470 res. on an led it doesn't want to work so I've been using a 220 and it always works. Have you ever ran into that?
    Last edited by fsors; 11-18-2011 at 04:05 AM.